Into the Unknown


As most of you know, Frozen 2 has hit the theaters and word about the movie is already spreading like wildfire. I have plans to see it eventually, but I have be anticipating the soundtrack. I am a sucker for a good movie full of good tunes, even if it is for those 20 years younger than me.

I was finally able to listen to the soundtrack this past Monday. I was driving around a lot that day and decided to pull it up on my Spotify account. The songs were all good, but only one made me want to put it on repeat. Before I go on, I am not musically inclined...at all! I mean I have tampered with different instruments, but that is the extent of it. So, when Idina Menzel belted out all the notes to "Into the Unknown", you better believe I turned up the music so loud it made me sound good. haha! (don't lie you know you have all done this...unless you can actually sing!)

In the beginning of the song, Elsa (We all know by now who she is so I am just going to skip over a character introduction.) starts hearing something and she feels drawn to it. She tries to ignore it, but it keeps capturing her attention. She feels that if she follows this voice that she will be risking everything she loves. If she follows the voice, "Into the Unknown" she has no idea what is going to happen and by the end of it she is marching bravely toward the face of it.

Into the Unknown...wow...is all I have to say. It is a song that gives me chills and butterflies in my stomach. It's not just the beauty of Idina Menzel's voice, but the words. It sparked something inside of me. It full on inspired me. It actually brought on this weird pride of who I am and how thankful I am for God creating me the way He did.

It took me a bit to get to where I am in my walk with God, but at 25 years old, I am proud of far I have come. I am proud for venturing into the unknown with God on a daily basis, even when somedays I just want to stay where I am because it works and it is comfortable...But then I realize, I never want to be comfortable. I don't want to ever be comfortable or content where I am because if I am in that zone that means I am not growing.

There is a line in the song that goes a little like this, "or are you someone out there who's a little bit like me or knows deep down I am not where I am meant to be?" As Christians, God talks to us all differently. For me, he speaks boldly and matter-of-factly because that is how He has to. For me, that is how He gets His point across. And then He retracts for a bit and lets me stir. He waits for me to move. Then, if I am not moving fast enough He drops another hint. Finally, when I start moving, He gives me peace in the unknown I am walking towards.

This song, made me see God. A song that was written with no intention of revealing God to people, but God still revealed himself to me in every lyric. Right after the line I mentioned above it says, "Everyday is a little harder as I feel my power grow. Don't you know there is apart of me that longs to go into the unknown." The more I get closer to God, the harder it gets to sit. He is my power. His word is my protection and my weapon. I long to be thrown into the unknown for God because I am with God even in the unknown. The more uncomfortable I am, the more I can feel Him and who He is. I am not afraid because even in the unknown, He is known.



Much love,
Kylie

Comments

  1. Hi Kylie,
    I want to offer you a non-monetary collaboration with one of our clients. If you are interested please reply to helen@anagraminteractive.com
    Best wishes,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts