I'm Listening




Isn't it funny that when we are young we don't want to listen to our parents but when we grow up and take the next step in life we call them just about weekly for the guidance or just words that uplift us? We just want that little conversation that reminds us of how much we are loved by them.

When talking about spiritually young and old Christians, it's the same thing. When we are spiritually young we miss a lot of what the Holy Spirit says to us because I don't think most people truly understand the meaning or they were given a "sales pitch come to Jesus speech" and that just makes my heart sink.

But as we become spiritually older (and dare I say wiser) we quickly realize the voice of the Holy Spirit is like the Christian version of Cocaine. (Side Note: God has a sense of humor so chill on the Holy Spirit & Cocaine comparison.) The voice comes differently to all of us but when we finally realize what the weird tingly feeling we get, that second voice in our head, "the hunch", randomly clear signs, etc actually is.

It's direct communication from God.

Immediately, when He speaks fear leaves your body because you can feel the freedom that He brings with Him. When He speaks things start clearing up little by little until all of a sudden it is like someone went into your brain and did a massive spring cleaning. Things are organized, labeled, in alphabetical order, and the trash can is overflowing with the filth you were living with.

You now have the ability to quiet your heart and just be still enough to listen. You do not always have to talk when in a conversation with God, and that is a BEAUTIFUL thing because sometimes life is just brutal and it will leave you speechless...BUT God knows just how to whisper peace when you don't have the words to say. All you have to do is listen.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to miss a dang thing that God has to say to me. Why? Because no matter what He says it is good, there is hope, and it is for the better and in the end, His plan is what I want my plan to be, even though I can't see it I know it is GOOD.

I am 25 years old. I got a lot of life yet to live and I am going to live it for a purpose and on purpose according to God's purpose. So God...Quiet my heart, I'm Listening.

"I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." - Psalm 16:2

Comments

Popular Posts