Becoming A New Version Of Family



Hello Everybody!

This is basically a blog to announce that we will be changing roles in this world...WE ARE BECOMING FOSTER PARENTS! Well in process of and our goal is to hopefully adopt one of the beautiful little humans that pass through our home. We are not giving up on having a biological child of our own, but honestly we are SOOOO tired of the doctors (even though they are great!), the tests, and the stress. Our savings account is also thanking us, because infertility isn't cheap. But, this is not suppose to be a sob story. This is a story of celebration and continuation of Gods promise for us.

I am going to be honest we have talked about doing this for about a year now, but I was so hesitant because of the unknown. It is scary! There is so much that could happen. There are so many emotions and I honestly didn't think my heart could handle it.

Then, we took the first step, we sent THE email. lol I laugh because I remember sweating typing out the email. I was still so nervous, but Seth was so sure and said it was time to invite some kiddos into our household. Not going to lie He was/is my pillar in all of this. I am now a heck of a lot more confident and sure that this is our next step. God was just waiting on us to do it together. I can feel my heart swell just thinking about having kids in the house!

I am so ready to be a mom. I am so ready to see Seth be the best dad out there. I am so ready to clean up the messes and kiss the bruises. This is just the step we have to take to get there and it is not at all how I ever pictured it. This is not how I thought we would be expanding our family. Honestly, I was naive enough to think that when we were ready to be parents it would only take one or two times of trying and 9 months later we would have a baby. This is not how I would have initially chosen to grow, but it's not up to me and honestly I wouldn't be who I am today without all of the scars starting a family has given me. I am thankful for those scars.

So, like I said I wanted to keep this short and sweet. We are so pumped for this new adventure together and we could definitely use all of the prayers and encouragement. So, here's to expanding the Owens clan! 

Comments

Popular Posts