It Is Not About You


It is not about you. Those five little words can ease a person's mind more than any other phrase. Today, I listened to a podcast and it talked about how we should always refocus on God's word when we start to put our worth on the world around us. This podcast was a breath of fresh air.

In a world filled with its own lists and expectations, it was a needed reminder. Especially for an aspiring writer and wannabe world changer. My biggest platform is social media and it is WAY too easy to get wrapped up in the comments, likes, and dislikes. No matter what platform you use, you are going to catch flack. You are going to have lies spoken over you and about you. There will be days it seems like you just can't please anyone...

...and that is okay because life is not about you!

“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." - Luke 6:27-28

There is something very freeing when you realize life is not about you. It is about what you are called to do and who called you to do it. When I know who I am in the Father, I can speak love and life to those very people who speak hate and death, and be confident in doing so. Not because I think I am better, smarter, superior, or whatever. But because I believe in something bigger than me, someone who loves me, and has called me to love others because they do not know how loved they are yet.

The beauty about accepting the love of Jesus is knowing that he has been through it all. He was outcasted. He was lied to. He was betrayed. If you feel like the world hates you, remember that the world hated Jesus first and He conquered that very world. Knowing what God actually says and promises are always coats of truth you should wrap yourself in and take comfort in.

"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe." - Proverbs 29:25

You know what is so beautiful about the Grace of God?

Our righteousness looks like rags because we are all sinners, but those who believe in the blood of Jesus can boldly approach the throne of Jesus Christ and dance with our Father in His Kingdom.

And that is truly beautiful.


Comments

Popular Posts