Dear Baby Girl Owens, I Don't Know

Dear Baby Girl Owens,

I haven’t met you yet, but I bought you this outfit...I couldn’t quite delete it out of my amazon cart (among other things but we can talk about that at another time 😉). 

I don’t know who you are yet and I don’t know where you are going to come from. I don’t know if I will be in the delivery room with you or anxiously waiting for a phone call telling us that you are born. 

I don’t know how old you are going to be when I meet you, but I promise we will make up for lost time, and if this outfit doesn’t fit you, well we can get you another because I’m one of the best shoppers and I can’t wait to show you how to sneak packages in the house when your dad is home...I have gotten pretty good at that too. 

I don’t know what your name will be. I mean I have an idea if it were up to me, but it might not be. I do know that it will be the most beautiful name I have ever heard.

I don't know how long it will be until we meet, but know I am already fighting for you. There has been thousands spent, hundreds of papers filled out, crazy amounts of bloodwork, multiple tests, hours and hours of meeting with an agency, etc. But you are already so worth it.

I don't know what color of eyes you are going to have, but I can't wait to stare into them. I have cried a lot trying to get you, so just beware...I swear I am not crazy...just already head-over-heels for you. I can already tell that you are perfect.

I don't know if you are going to be a girly girl or a tomboy but lucky for you I am somewhere in the middle. Although, I love glitter, sparkles, and all the trendy things so please OH PLEASE let me put a big sparkly bow in your hair, even if it is bigger than your head.

I don't know if you will realize this, but your daddy is amazing and I think is more anxious to meet you than I am. You will honestly probably like him more because he is way more laid back than me and all you have to do is bat those pretty little eyelashes to get what you want. You are already wrapped around his finger.

I don't know much and when you get here you will realize that, but I do know I am already completely in love with you.

So...until then...I will keep waiting and fighting for you because you are worth it.

Love,
Your Momma

Comments

Popular Posts