The Gift of Peace


For those of you who do not know, over a year ago, I created an online Bible Study called "Project 6:8" based on the verse Isaiah 6:8. A couple times a month, I write and send out studies for the 130 people that have enrolled in the Bible Study group. It has been a platform I am honored to have received from the Lord.

Throughout the year Project 6:8's mission has expanded out to a mission organization and we just hosted our first mission outreach called, "Operation Wrap-Up". This outreach involved collecting hats, gloves, and scarves for kids in group homes, foster care, shelters, etc. We ended up raising 352 items! Thank you everyone who participated! We have one of the best communities in the region and I am truly grateful to be a small part in it.

This morning, I wrote the following piece for Project 6:8...

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! I am sure most of you are recouping still from a sugar overload. :) I have been lucky enough to receive time off of work. For this, I am very grateful because I unknowingly needed the mental and physical rest.

The Christmas season is full of rejoicing, peace, and love. This has been a pattern full as long as history can remember. Wars have even ceased fire on Christmas day, the most notable being, "The Christmas Truce" during World War 1. In 1914, the soldiers on the Western front laid down their weapons in search of peace, while laying in the trenches.

Peace. Isn't that part of the Lord's gift to us? The gift He actually gave to us on Christmas day all those years ago in a little town called Bethlehem?

"But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born for you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Luke 2:10-12


When reading that verse did something catch your eye? I have heard this verse for years and years, but just today something really struck me when reading it, "...a Savior has been born for you..." 

On the very first Christmas, we were all gifted a Savior. Along with that, we were also gifted Peace. Peace in knowing that there is a second chance. Peace and knowing a true and pure love. Peace in knowing that there is hope. Peace in knowing there is life after death.

On the very first Christmas, we were all gifted a Savior and it wasn't just for the kings and noblemen. It wasn't just for the priest and preachers. It wasn't for the "perfect". The gift was gifted to all of us who are willing to admit that we are broken and imperfect. The ones who realized there is more to this life than torment and uneasiness. 

The ones who realize there is true Peace found in Jesus.

Much Love,
Kylie

I decided after writing I wanted to share it here on the blog. I hope those who read it find peace in the words.

Comments

Popular Posts