Never Be Afraid Of Who God Created You To Be



Just a heads up...there might be a few spoilers from the new Star Wars movie throughout this blog. Read on if you don't care! haha! I will say this, the new movie is AMAZING!

In the beginning of the movie, Rey is training with Leia to become a stronger Jedi. During this training, a lot of crazy things are happening to the world around them, and since I am trying not to ruin the movie for anyone, Rey and her friends decide to go on a mission to save the universe. Before she leaves the headquarters, Leia says goodbye to her and leaves her with this piece of advice, "Rey, never be afraid of who you are."

I immediately leaned over to my friend and said, "Oooooh, I like that!" and she immediately responded, "That's going to be a blog." She obviously read my mind. haha!

Never be afraid of who you are. That is good, but I am going to tweak it and say, "Never be afraid of who God made you to be." Honestly, we each are Jedi in our own way. Each of us was made with a purpose and on purpose. Fully embracing who God created to be, is like when the Jedi tap into their inner force.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14


Have you ever been asked to do something within the church (or anywhere) and immediately said no without really a reason? Well, I bet it is because somewhere inside you, you are actually afraid. You are doubting your gifts. YOUR GOD GIVEN GIFTS! I am not going to act like I have never backed down because of fear...I have and I can honestly tell you I can remember each and every opportunity I missed because I let my fear control me and became afraid of the person God created me to be, but the person He was calling me to be.

It is easy to say no. It is easy to stay where you are. It is easy to keep yourself in a box. 

That's the this, you and only you can make the choice to reach outside of the box, take Jesus's hand, and say yes. Just like us, Jesus likes to be pursued. So, we can't just always pray and expect something to happen. Sometimes, we have to pray AND put feet to those prayers. God created us to have free will. He created each of us with a purpose to fulfill His word. So, when are you going to stop being afraid and start being the person He created you to be?

I say...start today.


Much Love,
Kylie

Comments

Popular Posts