When Everyone Else Sees A Shepherd Boy, God Sees A King.



When everyone else sees a shepherd boy, God sees a King.

Have you ever heard of David? Most people have, even if you aren't a constant study of the Bible or Churchgoer you probably know the name. If you don't recognize him as David...you might as King David? I talk about David a lot in my studies. His story is one of History and proof of God's kindness,  follow-through, mercy, love, grace...I could go on and on.

"When they came, he looked on Eliab and thought, “Surely the Lord's anointed is before him.” But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” Then Jesse called Abinadab and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, “Neither has the Lord chosen this one.” Then Jesse made Shammah pass by. And he said, “Neither has the Lord chosen this one.” And Jesse made seven of his sons pass before Samuel. And Samuel said to Jesse, “The Lord has not chosen these.” Then Samuel said to Jesse, “Are all your sons here?” And he said, “There remains yet the youngest, but behold, he is keeping the sheep.” And Samuel said to Jesse, “Send and get him, for we will not sit down till he comes here.” And he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy and had beautiful eyes and was handsome. And the Lord said, “Arise, anoint him, for this is he.” Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers. And the Spirit of the Lord rushed upon David from that day forward. And Samuel rose up and went to Ramah." 1 Samuel 16: 6-13

David. Not only the youngest of His brothers but a raggedy little shepherd boy. A little boy who was chosen by God to become the King of Israel. Looking at David then as a young boy, all you would see is a Shepherd boy, but God saw his heart and when He looked at it, He saw a King. When Samuel anointed David the Holy Spirit came upon him and never left him.

The other cool thing...this is exactly what it is like to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. The same power that rose Jesus from the dead lives within us, it is whether or not we choose to accept it. So, when we choose to accept Jesus as our Savior we have the same anointing now that David had. We are all prince and princess of the Kingdom of Heaven because we were adopted through accepting the blood of Jesus Christ.

When people talk about you, whether it is positive or negative, it does not matter. Their opinions do not matter. But you know whose opinion does matter? God's opinion matters. He is who we need to point our character concerns towards. He is the one who we should ask what we should do next. Why? Because He is the one who sent His one and only son, Jesus Christ, to come to this earth to live and die for our sins. That is why His opinion matters.

I have been watching the show "Knightfall" with my husband every night before bed, and it is based in 1306 on the crusaders who once was one of the most powerful organizations in the Christian world. They spent their days physically, mentally, and spiritually training to protect God's people. They also would go out and spread God's word and would speak His name without fear to those who may end up persecuting them.

So, after watching this show for about a week, I would find myself thinking about these crusaders. Not the fictional characters in the show, the love triangle, or all the things Hollywood does to "jazz up" the storyline. But, I found myself thinking I am a crusader. Last night when I was exercising, I found myself running faster and faster around the track and thinking about how my body, mind, and spirit have to work as one (The song "Hero" by Skillet happened to come on at this time to set the mood even more). I realized I have to be ready for anything that I am called to do by my Lord Jesus Christ and sometimes that just might mean something extremely grueling and painful, and I have to make sure every single part of my body is ready. I have to make sure every part of my mind is ready. I have to make sure every part of my spirit is ready...because what if I am whom everyone sees as a shepherd boy, but God sees as a King?

Here is a better question...What if God sees you as a King? Are you ready?


Comments

Popular Posts