Rescue



Have you ever heard of this "little" song called Rescue by Lauren Daigle?

I am sure you have. It has taken Christian radio by storm AND I have heard it on many non-Christian TV shows and movies (Go Lauren! But mostly go GOD!).

This song is beautiful in so many ways the vocals, the instruments, but mostly the lyrics. The lyrics spell out the truths about Jesus. He does see us in the midst of our trouble. We are not forgotten. We are not hidden. He hears us whisper underneath our breath. He hears our SOS.

If you didn't know by now, I love all movies set in a "different" world. For example, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, etc. But I really love when it is set back in time, especially when it is a reenactment of true historical events (I mean I know most movies have added characters and plot lines, but you know what I mean). 

In just about every one of these movies, there is a battle scene where one character gets hurt while fighting, goes down, and barely defend themselves. Then, across the way, one of the other characters see this but they are really far away on the battlefield and they have to fight their way through tons of soldiers who are coming from all directions. But they continue to fight their way to the injured character so they can cover them and protect them.

I like to picture this is how Jesus fights for me (and you!). He marches through the battlefield dominating Satan and his followers. Taking them down one by one. He is slicing away my fears, the lies, the insecurities and when He gets to me He covers me and surrounds me with His wings and says, "I am here! I will rescue you. I will fight for you. I cannot be overcome. You are safe." 

Isn't that beautiful?? 

Jesus will not only fight for us. Oh no! It does not stop there. He will also build us back up. 

This is where we start to see Him work through His Christian children here on earth. He will send you people to help feed into your soul and that will allow you to grow and become stronger in Christ. He will send strangers to you. He will send people into your life that might only be around for 10 seconds. He will send the things we need to build ourselves back up out of the ashes, but we have to accept it.

We have to accept Jesus for who He is.

We can't expect to fully see Jesus when we are teetering on the fence. We fully see Jesus when we decide to fully make the jump over the fence and come to the end of ourselves. 

Before I wrap up, I want to end with something that God spoke to me while I was doing my three day fast at the beginning of December, "Just like you have been living in the fear of being or feeling hungry. you are living in the fear of never getting what you truly desire. Therefore, you are putting your wants above mine. I have you, don't you see that? I have a plan for you and it is good. You have got to trust that I have got you. Stop being so afraid to fail and just do. Stop trying to be on top of the world when it is Me who should be on top. I see your heart and it is good. Stop trying to prove yourself and see that it is okay to step down. Let me raise you. I am stronger than you will ever be."

I am going to be honest, I was driving when I received that message. I instantly wept and started rummaging through my purse to find the notebook I always carry to write it down.

I know it doesn't seem easy and the first step isn't. But once you allow yourself to take off the shackles you put yourself in, it is a heck of a lot easier to run after Jesus.

Much love,

Kylie

Comments

Popular Posts